Some of the fellas from Amsterdam were asking advice about books, articles that talk about public spaces. I think this list is my favourite!
- William H. Whyte, 1980, The Social Life of Small Urban Places
- Jane Jacobs, 1969. The Death and Life of Great American Cities
- Jan Gehl, 1971. Life Between Buildings
- Jeff Speck, 2012. Walkable City: How Downtown Can Save America, One Step at a Time
- STIPO, 2012. The City At Eye Level.
The first four are considered “a must”!
If you are interested in learning more about how cities for human should be created then go through this list and pick one.
We also talked about placemaking, so if anybody is interested in understanding what it is and how to do it, these links from different companies might be helpful:
. Rethink Urban
. Project for Public Space
. Placemaking Europe
Also, Viviana and I use a lot the tool of placemaking in our work at Huasipichanga. So if you have any question please contact us